The New Jersey Chapter of Hamazkayin Armenian Educational and Cultural Society
The New Jersey chapter was founded on Dec. 1, 1968. The chapter has organized public events, lectures, book events, and other celebrations. In 2005, the children’s and youth choir was founded. The chapter has a theater company. In 2005, the Nayiri Dance Troupe was reorganized. In 2006, the crafts center started its activities. Through it, children and teenagers can explore their artistic talents. The products of the crafts center are sold at the Hamazkayin bookstore. In 2007, the chapter began dhol (Armenian percussions) lessons. The teenaged students are instructed by Garo Kahvejian. The chapter has produced several publications and has been able to unite individuals dedicated to supporting the growth of Armenian culture and assisting the efforts to preserve their national identity.
Follow Hamazkayin New Jersey on Facebook here.
- Floria Kasparian – chairperson
- Ani Mouradian – vice chairperson
- Tamar Samuelian – Recording Secretary
- Gohar Gevorgyan – advisor
- Louisa Emirizian – Bookkeeper
- Arous Isakhanian – Treasurer
- Mary Aristakesian – advisor
- Silva Baronian – advisor
- Anoush Hajinian – advisor